Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back to school bulletin board ideas

One of my favorite summer activities is thinking of my back to school bulletin board! I'm not one of those teachers that makes it easy on herself and uses the same one every year. I wish that I could do that and be satisfied, but I love creating them too much! I've been thinking about it for a while now and I finally have my idea. After my new blog design I'm a little inspired with ice cream so my bulletin board is going to be:

"Here's the Scoop on Mrs. Farmer's Sweet First Graders!"

After a little searching online I found this amazing one and will use it for inspiration when creating mine.



I love the awning and how she did the words "scoop" and "sweet"! She also has a great template for the ice cream cones...all for free! Just click on the picture to go to her website.

I plan on doing something a little more with the ice cream cones. My title will be "Here's the Scoop..." so each day the kids will add a new scoop to their ice cream cone with information about themselves. Some ideas I'm kicking around are...family members, hobbies, pets, favorite subject, something they did on summer break, and color in their favorite ice cream flavor. Since the first day of school is on a Monday, I will probably have one for each day of the week. And I'm pretty sure that the last one will be their favorite flavor, topped to look something like this:

Summer Ice Cream Crafts for Kids
The chocolate syrup is actually brown tempera paint in a condiment squeeze bottle. Love the cotton balls and sprinkles...oh wait, and the cherry on top!!!

As their gift for meet the teacher, I found a few things that I just love:
      
S'mores treats and ice cream bubbles...maybe with a tag that says, This year will be so sweet! I'll share when I make them. Of course this will go along with magic confetti!

If you are interested in an ice cream back to school bulletin, I thought of some other good titles:
"Here's the scoop...1st grade is a real treat"
"Ms. _____'s first graders are sweet!"
"1st grade is scoops of fun"
"Scooping up a great year"
"Here's the scoop...we're a great class"

And here are the bulletin boards that I have done over the past few years...this of course was before I was a blogger so unfortunately I was not good about taking pictures back then.

2010: "Here We Grow Again" I put pictures of the kids faces inside of flowers!
2011: "Let's Set Sail for 1st Grade"...Mrs. Jump inspired pirate ship...it was so cute! I had little pirate bears on a huge pirate ship.
2012: "Let's Kick Off to a Great Year"...football inspired {since this was last year, I did have a picture}. Read more about this one here.
I would love to hear what you are thinking about for your back to school bulletin board. Leave me a comment here or on my facebook page! 

2 comments:

  1. Meghan~
    I just found your blog through Pinterest! I was super excited that you are also an NC blogger! :)

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the advent of modern day living people are rising and moving in new cities and exploring new business opportunities. Because of this scenario there is always a demand for reliable and efficient packing and moving services by Srivastava Associate Packers and Movers

    Taking this into effect the company of Srivastava Associate Packers and Movers is helping clients to shift to various location without any hassle.

    The whole process from packing of your items loading shifting and unloading is done with care by the staff of the Srivastava Associate Packers and Movers so that there is no problem to the client.


    Packers and Movers in Meerut
    Packers and Movers in Moradabad
    Packers and Movers in Saharanpur
    Packers and Movers in Muzaffarnagar
    Packers and Movers in Bulandshahr
    Packers and Movers in Bijnor
    Packers and Movers in Lucknow


    Movers and Packers in Meerut
    Movers and Packers in Moradabad
    Movers and Packers in Saharanpur
    Movers and Packers in Muzaffarnagar
    Movers and Packers in Bulandshahr
    Movers and Packers in Bijnor
    Packers and Movers in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete

1.